For license-exempt family child care providers, there are three tiers of training to achieve for the Illinois Quality Counts Quality Rating System (QRS). Providers completing Training Tiers receive a QRS Training Tier certificate. Providers caring for Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) children receive a quality bonus of 10%, 15%, or 20% to the standard payment for CCAP children in care.
- What does this training consist of?
- Training at each Tier includes modules from the Illinois Gateways to Opportunity ECE Credential Level 1, and covers health, safety, nutrition, child development, and much more. Your local CCR&R Agency offers all the training modules. By completing all three QRS Training Tiers, a provider receives a Gateways ECE Credential Level 1.
- How many training sessions are there to attend?
- QRS Training Tiers 1 & 2 each have 4 modules, Tier 3 has 8 modules. Each module consists of approximately 3 hours of training.
- Training Tier Chart
- Training Tier Chart (Spanish)
- When do I apply to the Quality Counts QRS if I am a License-Exempt Family Child Care Provider?
QRS has three Training Tiers for license-exempt family child care providers to complete. Before a provider can apply for QRS, the first Training Tier must be completed.
Eligible providers receive a QRS Training Tier certificate for the Tier achieved. Providers caring for Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) children receive a quality bonus of 10%, 15%, or 20% to the payment rate for CCAP children in care.
- How do I apply for the Quality Counts QRS?
- You submit a Quality Counts QRS application to the Illinois Network of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (INCCRRA). There is no fee to apply for QRS. Applications may be obtained by downloading the form below or calling 1-866-697-8278. Once your application has been received and documentation approved, you will receive a QRS Training Tier certificate and an add-on bonus for any CCAP children in care.
- QRS Application for License-Exempt Family Homes
- QRS Application for License-Exempt Family Homes (Spanish)